Sunday, October 10, 2010

Stephanie Nielson

Today is the Sunday that Taylor works, so I have been finding anything I can to keep myself busy. I made some yummy zucchini bread that I can't wait for Taylor to get home and taste! Anyways, I was looking at the usual blogs I follow and was reminded that I failed to mention a couple weeks ago that Taylor and I attended "Recapturing Beauty" where Stephanie Nielson was the guest of honor. It is something that we want to remember, so it is better to post it late than never. Stephanie and her husband, Christian, survived a plane crash which left Christian with 35% of his body burned and Stephanie survived with over 83% of her body burned and having been in a 3 month coma. It is remarkable story and their testimonies are remarkable. We first heard their story on lds.org where Stephanie had made a mormon message movie about her new life and her testimony of prayer, miracles and of our Savior. It was crazy how many people were there to support her. As you can see there were not many men there, as it was a program put on by the Women's Services and Resources. Taylor was one of the few and we were both touched and inspired.


No comments: