Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What life is like

I have not been writing much on our family blog. Life really does get busy, but I do want to keep our family history. January has flown by. I usually get the January/winter blues, but this year is off to a good start. This post may be a bunch of rambling, but someday when we look back on it hopefully it will at least be a little glimpse and reminder of what life was like.

We ended and started the year with me having an ectopic pregnancy. I probably went and got my blood drawn at least a dozen times. Finally after my methotrexate shots my levels began to drop and finally are in the negatives where they should be. I have also been busy with my blog Motherhood in the Major Leagues and have done a couple of giveaways. I hosted one for bleach trays/bleach for Dr. Bevan's office and am getting free bleach trays/bleach for myself as well. I also hosted one for Origami Owl that my friend is a consultant for and got a beautiful locket/charms from that giveaway. Power of Moms is one of my favorite sites and is so uplifting to me. They have given me the program Mind Organization for Moms which is a $75 program for free to review and then to do a giveaway. I am really excited about that.

Taylor is our hero. He always works so hard for us. He has been working a ton of overtime. We have made a lot of financial goals for the new year and goals of where we want to be in a year from now and even 5 years from now. He is such a good provider. When he is not working he is home making our lives happy and always doing what he can to lift my burdens. He is also so supportive in everything I do. He is working with his dad to make Sage and Harper twin beds and also is making us a headboard/ footboard for our bed. We sure are lucky and blessed.

Sage is so much fun. She loves baby dolls. Is that a surprise? And she loves to eat snacks. She went through 2 weeks of snacks in just 4 days. She is also so helpful and polite. She is still as feisty as ever, but she is just as sweet as ever also.

Harper is almost walking. And she is almost 1! I can't even believe it. She takes several steps but gets so excited she trips over herself. She is still an angel baby and has become a really good eater. She entertain herself really well and loves to be around her sister. She is still a daddy's girl, but has become more attached to me, which of course I love.

We spend our days staying warm inside and trying to stay busy by playing with play-dough, doing crafts, paying doctor and baby dolls. Our drawers of our entertainment center are emptied several times a day by our sweet curious Harper girl. I also find evidence of her in our bathroom with toilet paper ripped up everywhere. We play lots of peek-a-boo and eat lots of snacks. We plan lots of play dates and try and get together with our friends a few times a week. We also enjoy the library storytimes. Some of our favorite get out of the house places are Chick-fil-a for a sanck and to play in the play place, Discovery Gateway, the indoor play place at City Creek and the indoor dino town place at South Town Mall. We also do lots of play dates with our friends downstairs. Sage is always looking to see if their car is outside to see if they are home.

Life is good.

No comments: