Friday, May 30, 2014

Our Little Mister

We are having a boy and could not be more excited! My doctor was kind enough to take a quick peek during my monthly appointment, however, our little babe was not very cooperative and the machine is on the office is not the normal ultrasound machine they use for 20 week checks, so the quality is not great. It's basically just to see the little heartbeat. However, with the peek that he got his guess was a boy. His guess what driving me crazy. I didn't want to spend the next 5 weeks thinking it was a boy and it actually be a girl. We would have been just as thrilled, but it's hard to have something in your head and not to start planning to find out it's not what you were expecting.

 After a couple days of complicating I decided to go get it done. Taylor thought it was a waste of money and said we just needed to be patient. Luckily I have made a little bit of money of my motherhood blog and decided that an early ultrasound was how I wanted to spend it! During nap one day I called around and found a place. They had a 3:30 apt and it was already 2:30, they said if I could start drinking water right away the apt was mine and that it was the last one they had of the day. I quickly downed 32 oz of water and found someone to watch my girls. Taylor luckily got off at 3:00 so I texted him the address of the place and told him to meet me there at 3:30.

Although, he thinks I am impatient and I am... he was happy to find out as well. The tech was confident that it is a boy, although gave a disclaimer that it is never 100% and that she has seen a girl look like a little boy because of swelling due to hormones. However, what we saw was not swelling... we're having a boy! Taylor keeps talking about "his boy"... if he only knew that "his boy" is going to be a mama's boy!

Harper of course has no idea what is going on and was just happy to get a blue lollipop. Sage has been saying for the last couple months in regards to whether she wants a brother or sister, "we just have to wait and see what Heavenly Father gives us." However, when we told her she was going to have a little brother she told us that she likes girls and wants another sister! That lasted about 30 seconds and then she was excited to have a brother.

We do not have a name for our little mister yet, which is driving me crazy because we knew our girls names right away. I feel like he should have a name... we sure love this nameless boy already!


No comments: