Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Being a mom

Being a mom means:
  • getting a few less marshmallows in your lucky charms
  • you rarely have an organized tupperware drawer
  • forgetting what a long hot shower feels like since you quickly try and shower before your husband goes to work because who wants to use precious nap time to shower? or take a lukewarm shower with a baby playing at your feet...
  • staying awake worrying about anything and everything while you "research" and read medical forums and other mom's blogs to learn of their experiences and then the morning can't come fast enough to call the doctor
  • sometimes forgetting you have a name besides mommy because that is what you hear literally hundreds of time a day
  • sacrificing much  needed new pants for a sixth coat for your girl that she "needs"... it's such a good deal and she doesn't have one in that color...
  • looking like a fool to the people in the car next to you as you sing, dance and make funny faces to keep your baby happy and/or awake
  • having your arm fall asleep as you reach backwards to hold your baby's hand in the backseat of the car
  • having someone watch your every move and copy your every move- makes me want to be better
  • loving someone more than ever thought possible
  • feeling so very loved
I have only a couple days left of being a mama of one and wanted to record just a couple thoughts that I have. I love being a mama or "mommy" as Sage now calls me. I love being Sage's mommy and I know I am going to love being Harper's mommy too. I really feel so blessed. Being a parent is the most rewarding and best jobs in the world. It is difficult and frustrating at times. I have been frustrated to tears at times, but then I hear this little voice ask, "k? k? k? (am i okay?) mama?" and come wipe my tears... How could I not be okay? Sage is my sweetheart and is so patient with me. She is going to be the best big sister. Harper is pretty lucky, but I know Sage will feel pretty lucky to have Harper too! 

No comments: