Thursday, April 25, 2013

California

Harper and I went on a whirlwind of a trip to California this past weekend or as my dad says, we were on a "world tour".  It sure felt like it... My good friend Alicia who I grew up with flew me out for the weekend in order to be able to be there for her mom going to the temple. Alicia and I went to CCD (Catholic Classes) together, went to Catholic Camp and made our Confirmations together our Sophomore year of high school. My senior year when I began talking to the missionaries and learning about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Alicia was a little upset with me, to say the least. Although she was my friend that was the most upset with my decision to be baptized and felt that I was a "trader", she was my only friend who came and supported me. She spoke and met with the missionaries at my baptism for a little bit before moving away to school where she then found the missionaries there and learned more about the church for herself and decided to be baptized herself. I drove up to Northern California for that day and boy was it a happy day. Two of her brothers followed her lead and joined the Church as well. Before my mission I went out with the sister missionaries and would sit in the lessons with her mom. While I was gone on my mission and before Alicia decided to serve a mission as well, her mom was baptized. Alicia has been such a strong example to her family. Her brother Nami is currently awaiting his mission call. It was such an honor to be able to be there as her mom went through the Newport Beach Temple. My dad, Michael and Melissa came to pick us up from the airport and he of course had to stop by several places to show off Harper. We also went to lunch at TGIFs. The rest of the day was spent hanging out with Alicia and her mom. Donny & Donna watched Harper for me while we were at the temple, so I was able to visit with them a little before and after. Sunday we visited with Alicia's dad and grandparents which have always been like family to me. I then met up with my friend Jessica and visited with her and got to meet her sweet baby Ava. Harper and I then went to visit with my cousin Sabina and her family. Aunt Silvia made us a yummy lunch and we visited. I was so happy to meet Baby Marley! We then went and visited with Miriam and saw Michael & Melissa again. The rest of Sunday was spent with Alicia and then we left bright and early Monday morning. Harper was an angel baby on the way there and the way home. She slept the whole time. On the way home however, she had a blow out right before we started descending so I was frantically trying to bath/change her in the airplane bathroom. It was everywhere including my shirt, which I couldn't do anything about... I just used Harper as my blanket and couldn't wait to land. Luckily I didn't get sick landing on the way home like I did on the way out. On the way there I luckily sat by the sweetest lady, who could see I was feeling sick and was my lifesaver and held her as I threw up during the entire time we were descending and landing. It was a fast, fun-filled trip and I am glad I was able to be at the temple and see so many people. We are planning a family trip for August and are already counting down the days! 








No comments: