Wednesday, May 22, 2013

"Jesus sad too"

Today at our playdate at the park Sage got pushed down some steep stairs... luckily I was standing right below and was able to catch her fall. She bit the sides of her mouth pretty good, but I think it scared her more than anything. Of course I am relieved she is okay, but just as relieved that she was the victim instead of the instigator for once. She can be pretty aggressive these days... It happened right as we were getting ready to leave and so on the way home I was asking her if it hurt. She said it did and said, "sad" because we always tell her it makes us sad when she hits, pushes, scratches, etc... I reinforced that it hurts and makes people sad when we push/hit/scratch and that's why we don't do it. She thought about it and then said, "Everybody sad. Jesus sad too." Oh, she is so smart and underneath her terrible two year old self she is so sweet and loving.

No comments: