Monday, April 12, 2010

California!

We had such a good time in California. I have been in Spain, Arizona and now in Utah for so long that I haven't realized just how much I miss and love California. California will always have a special place in my heart, but my heart is wherever Taylor is. It was so fun to see and spend some time with family and friends. I am so grateful for all their love and support. We left Thursday afternoon. The drive was not too bad. It took 9 hours but didn't feel that long. At least not for me. I was just so excited. We took Melissa out for Yogurtland which is one of my favorite places there. We helped out Donna and Donny set up the Stake Center for the reception. We went to lunch at Chili's and went to the beach. It was warm, but not quite warm enough yet. It was fun just sitting on the beach, walking and playing frisbee together. We also went by The Learning Experience and visited with my friends there. Also, a little girl who was in my preschool class happened to stop by while I was there to register for summer. I can't believe how grown up she is. Saturday was the wedding. The San Diego Temple is just breath taking. That is where I received my endowment. Anyways, when you drive around a corner off the 5 freeway it just appears. However, Saturday as we turned the corner there was the temple all under construction! Donna didn't have any idea. Thank goodness for photoshop and it is just one side, so they took most of there pictures on the other side. In between their sealing and the reception we visited with more of my friends. Delora had a few people over to see me and made a yummy lunch. Her kids are all grown up also. Adam is going into high school! Michael and Melissa are going into high school! Sabina and Aian are graduating high school this year! I am beginning to feel old. The reception turned out really nice, but it was an adventure! We are both so happy for Donny and Donna. We really wish we lived near them. Maybe we can talk them into moving to Utah? Or maybe we will end up in California? Who knows! Taylor has looked at grad schools and housing there. We will not be going anywhere at least for another year and then we will see where the Lord will take us! Sunday we had breakfast with my Daddy and then went to Sacrament. Oh I love the people there! The drive back seemed longer than the ride there, but I am happy to be home sweet home. These next few weeks are going to be challenging. We both will be finishing the semester. Thank goodness! The weekend was so much fun. I think it has given me the break I needed to get through until finals. Such good memories made and so much laughing! We are going to try and plan a whole week in August!

Dad will never smile unless I tickle him and then my eyes are open so wide and I am talking through my smile telling him not to laugh!

No comments: