Monday, July 18, 2011

I've seen better days!

I'm in really bad shape. I'm writing this strictly for comical purposes, although at the moment I do not think it is very funny, but I know some day I will. Yesterday at church they were looking for volunteers to help a sister who was recently in a horseback riding accident and broke her elbow. She asked for help folding laundry so I volunteered. I wish I hadn't. I went over there today and she was happy to see me. She told me she already folded several loads of laundry and her elbow was throbbing. For just a very brief moment I was happy to be there. Happy to help. I put Sage down on her blanket to play as she got a load of laundry from the dryer. A load of undergarments. A huge load of stained, nasty undergarments. I gave a polite smile as I quickly tried to think of a way out of it. I quickly folded and tried not to gag and hide my disgust. My disgust for the undergarments and my disgust that she had 4 kids home (the oldest who is going into the 10th grade). Why in the world was I folding their parents underwear as they sat around? Really? She asked the oldest to hold Sage while I carried the laundry basket upstairs and was instructed to where her and her husbands underwear belonged. She said she had another load that would be done in a few minutes so we could sit and chat. That was my cue. I told her I had to get the baby home to feed her. Then tonight I was weeding in the backyard as I waited for Taylor so we could lay in the hammock. That never happened. Taylor came out and joined me weeding for just a few minutes. Moments later my body started burning and itching. We went inside and counted 18 bites! 18! I was attacked! Those little bugs (and I call them that in a very less endearing way than I call my Sage-maybe I should rethink her nickname!) got my legs, arms, my face and five of them managed to get my bum! Don't ask me how! Like I said, I am in really bad shape.

1 comment:

The Chezik Family said...

Is it bad that I already think it's funny?! HAHA! Thank you for giving me a great laugh today!

P.S. I am sorry that you itch everywhere!