Sunday, May 13, 2012

Being a mother...

I brought Sage home early from church. She was being a terror even as Taylor and I took turns walking the halls with her. She is napping now and so I wanted to take a minute and write some thoughts I have about being a mother. I love being a mother. I am not a perfect mom. Sometimes I lose my patients and count down the minutes until the clock strikes 6 pm. Sometimes I forget to brush her teeth or forget to give her her medicine. Sometimes I tell her "no no" a little too much. But every day is a new day and every day I try to love her a little more than the day before. I am so grateful for the trust Heavenly Father has in me to be a mother to our sweet Sage girl. One of the talks today at church a woman was sharing some thoughts about her own mother who just turned 100 years old and said how her mother has always been her best friend. I want to live to at least 100 years old and hope that at that age Sage could say the same about me. Being a mother has taught me a type of love that I never knew existed. It has opened up my heart in a way that I didn't know was possible. Being a mother gives me just a little glimpse of the love our Heavenly Father must feel for us. I have also decided that Mother's Day cannot pass by without mentioning  and expressing how grateful I am for my other best friend, Taylor. I know he has his day next month, but really I could not be the mother I am without him by my side. He helps me remember what is most important on days that I try and do too much or days that I try and do anything at all and cannot get a single thing done because I have a little munchgin reaching her arms up to me and whining while I am trying to do things of no eternal importance. He reminds me that the other things can wait and lets me know how unimportant it is to him if the house is in perfect order and dinner is made, but that my number one job is to take care of and just love our girl. That job can be overwhelming at times, but I sure do love it and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.


1 comment:

Candi said...

Michelle, I think you're absolutely amazing. I think Sage is lucky to have you. :) Thank you for the reminder. It is sometimes hard for me to remember what is truely important!!