Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day Brunch

In honor of Mother's Day and some of the wonderful women in my life I hosted a Mother's Day Brunch. It was really nice to have everyone together, enjoy good food and visit.  We had fruit pizzas with creme cheese/marshmallow frosting, a yummy potato bacon casserole, muffins, deviled eggs and creme puffs. I had printed out (or I should say I made Taylor print out - since he has our color printer at work) several quotes on mother's and framed them. One of my favorites says, "Motherhood is a choice you make everyday to put someone else's happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you're not sure what the right thing is... and to forgive yourself over and over again for doing everything wrong." - Donna Bell. I feel like I have made lots and lots of mistakes in the year of being a mother, but Sage is so patient with me and so quick to forgive and forget. I am grateful for all the wonderful women in my life and the examples they are to me. I found another quote I loved that I ran with and made a favor to go along with. The quote reads, " A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie."  ~Tenneva Jordan. I think it goes along with the other quote of putting someone else's happiness and well being ahead of your own... I think so many times that "piece of pie" or whatever it may be that is sacrificed goes unnoticed. I have been wanting to try making single serving pie in a jar for a while and so when I came across the pie quote I knew exactly what I was going to do with it! Grandma Fenton wasn't able to make it because she had another commitment to attend. We missed her but Taylor and I were happy that we got to spend some good time with her the day before and have lunch together. I don't think I really got a chance to tell them at brunch, but I really am grateful for such a wonderful grandma who is a mom to me, mother-in-law, sisters-in law and Taylor's grandmas who I consider my own. I love these ladies! I look up to and admire them all so much and they inspire me to be a better  wife, mother and woman!




 



2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Love those quotes! What a wonderful job you did. I am impressed!

The Chezik Family said...

Thank you for always going the extra mile to make everyone feel loved. I know I tell you all the time, but I couldn't be more grateful to have you in our family. I love you Michelle!! You are a wonderful person and mother!!!