Thursday, August 23, 2012

A girl who knows what she wants

We have all been sick around here. It started with Sage's virus. A couple days later she caught a bad cold and now the three of us have been fighting it for over a week now. We do not get sick very often and it is a good thing because it is pretty awful. I was up at 3:30 in the morning and couldn't stop coughing and then got a really bad headache. So, when Sage woke up at 5:45 this morning Taylor got up with her and let me sleep.  I got up about 7:30 when Sage heard me sneezing and came to our door yelling, "mama mama" over and over again. Shortly after I dragged myself up she pointed to the TV, patted the couch (which means she wants to sit down) and did the sign for elephant. She loves animals. We have been putting Animal Atlas on for her from Netflix and she goes crazy over all the animals. When I told her we were going to play and watch it later she threw a fit. She then tried every trick she knew to try and get me to understand what she wanted. She made her train noise which is for Thomas the Train and made her monkey sounds for Curious George and then went back to elephant. She swung her little arm back and forth for an elephant trunk like I've never seen. I finally gave in, but insisted I got a big squeeze and a kiss first. She ran over and gave me a huge hug and lots of kisses. I then sent her to give her daddy loves too and she gladly obliged. I put her show on and when I came back she was on the couch with a bowl of Annie's Bunnies and a bottle of orange juice. Of course she had to have a snack too. She usually only has a bottle at bedtime, but Taylor couldn't find her sippy. She was in heaven. I think she would suck her bottle all day if we let her, which is why we limit it to naps and bed. ( And for those of you who think it is awful to give a bottle at bed, don't worry- we are trying to wean her off of it. We are slowly diluting her milk. We are about half milk half water now) And if you are wondering about her outfit... I put the blue leggings on her because her jammie bottoms were wet and then she brought me the shorts and tried putting them on herself. I asked if she wanted them on and she said, "ya!", which seems to be her new favorite word besides "mama" which she says over and over again all day long.



No comments: