Friday, March 8, 2013

The past month

Just uploaded a bunch of pictures from my phone. It is the easiest way to take picture these days as I always have my phone on me and it is the easiest way to share them with family/friends online. We spend our days at home cuddling and snuggling, watching shows, playing with baby dolls, blocks, little people, the kitchen and doing crafts. The weather has warmed up a little and we have been able to take a few walks as well. We are still adjusting. Lucky for us Harper has been an easy baby because the adjustment has thrown Sage through a loop, just as we knew it would. She has been challenging to say the least. She has transitioned to a toddler bed beautifully, but has been waking up between 5- 5:45 am every morning. Taylor is usually the one to get up with her since I am usually feeding Harper at that time. She is still tired but does not go back to bed so it makes for a long morning. Her naps are also way too short so it makes for a long afternoon too. She is doing much better at entertaining herself except for  when we are busy with sister and then she needs/wants something and throws huge tantrums. She is also loving crafts, which is right up my alley! We have fun together. Taylor's work schedule is not ideal. The mornings go by way too fast and the clock slows down in the afternoon and some days bedtime cannot come fast enough. Usually without fail Harper needs to be fed the same time Sage is having a meltdown. We still get some cuddles and stories, but usually as I am feeding Harper. I must admit I mourn the time of cuddling just me and Sage and holding and signing to her before bed. As much as I try for it not to be, her bedtime routine is a little rushed some nights. Once she is down and I get Harper fed and ready for bed I have to stop myself from being like the mom in the book "Love You Forever"  and going in and picking up Sage and rocking her back and forth back and forth. We love our girls. Taylor gets some special time with her in the early morning and gets some cuddle time with Harper when he gets home from work while I get ready for bed. We are all adjusting and it has not been easy, but at the end of the day we know we are so blessed. 





No comments: