Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Twenty-Seven

Twenty- Seven! Kinda crazy! Taylor and our girls took me out to breakfast on Saturday and Lorrie was so sweet to offer to watch them while he and I went to a movie. We saw Safe Haven, which we both really enjoyed. On Sunday grandma and papa came down from Paradise and brought dinner/cake for us. For the record I was in a really bad mood. I guess I am becoming a grump in my "old age." I kind of spoiled my own birthday by being really upset that I hadn't planned anything special for St. Patricks Day for Sage and being grumpy just because I could be. I really have so much to be grateful for and am  pretty lucky. At 27 years old I have served a mission that has shaped my life in so many ways, graduated with a 4 year college degree, married my best friend and have 2 beautiful girls! Life really is good! I was teasing Taylor and may actually believed it in the moment, but have you ever heard that your year is as good as your birthday? Well, in my own self pity I told him that my birthday was horrible and so my year would be too... As you can tell I was a little irrational! Despite my bad attitude that made my birthday so "horrible" I know it's going to be a good year!

No comments: