Friday, September 23, 2011

Rejoice and be glad!

I recently came across a blog in which a mother described all the million mundane things that she did for her kids, day in and day out... She said she found herself "wishing the time away" by constantly saying things like, "I wish she learned to walk already!", "I sure wish she slept through the night", "All I do is chase her around all day!", "It will be nice when she can talk and tell me what she wants", etc. You get the point. She shares a revelation she received... "IT WILL PASS SO FAST.... DON'T WISH IT AWAY!"

This is the day which the LORD hath made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it.
~ Psalm 118:24

In sharing her experience of being a mother she says, "The process may be hard and some details are more challenging than others, but we can rejoice in them, and even enjoy them if we choose the right perspective. GOD'S PERSPECTIVE. GOD'S CALLING. AND A WATCHING WORLD...WATCHING HOW WE WILL LIVE THE DETAILS OF OUR CALLING."

I love that! I think I sometimes find myself "wishing the time away" like she describes. Especially the past few days as we have been trying to get back on a schedule and my girl has been extra cranky. However, what a beautiful reminder that Motherhood is a calling from God. With that perspective I can rejoice and be glad!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Love this post! Thanks for the reminder!