Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Curtains

I decided I wanted to put up curtains.
I have wanted to since the day we moved into Starcrest over two years ago.
I found curtains I really like that bring out the blue in the new pillow I just had to have from Home Goods.
I said it could be an early birthday gift because I wanted it so bad.
Taylor said he had bigger plans for me, but if I wanted a  pillow then I could have it.
I got it.
And I got my curtains.
A curtain rod?
A much harder task.
I looked at Target, Ross and TJ Max with no success.
9:00 last night I decided I was going to go to Walmart and find a rod because I couldn't wait to put them up.
I found a rod.
Ironed my curtains.
Taylor started to put the rod up.
It was too small.
Back to Walmart I went. Exchanged it at 10:00pm.
Taylor tried to put them up again and the brackets did not extend out far enough.
Taylor made me give it up for the night.
Sent Taylot to HomeDepot at 7:30 this morning to search for extendable brackets.
We hunted at HomeDepot, Lowes, Bed Bath and Beyond and Walmart.
Nowhere could we find extendable brackets that held a 1 inch rod-only 3/4 inch or 5/8 inch.
Taylor got home a little before 6pm when we should have been putting Sage down for bed.
Instead we went to Home Depot and bought another rod that is 3/4 inch and got the extendable brackets.
Lost the receipt to Walmart so we got store credit for the second rod I got at 10pm last night.
Forgot to mention I had to jump in the dumpster to get the box for it.
Don't worry it was pretty empty- still gross, I know...
Sage was in bed by 6:30 and my curtains were up by 7:00.
Oh and this rod came with extendable brackets so back to Home Depot we will go to return the others.
I think they are beautiful.
But were they worth all that?
Probably not.
I sure did marry a good man though.


3 comments:

Caitlin said...

I love them! Where are they from? and great pillow!

Jeanne Fenton said...

I love them too! You are hilarious and I'm glad that all that work turned out so well!

The Chezik Family said...

so pretty