Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I feel kind of silly posting this on the blog, but I have to remember this is my journal too. I just want to remember how far I have come. I have consistently been exercising for the last four months. Like 6 days a week, an hour a day exercising. It feels good. I feel like I have to exercise now or I just don't feel good. I have got into spin and have been spinning three days a week and doing a muscle up weight lifting class the other days. Last week Taylor needed to go into work earlier than usual so I would miss my spin class unless I wanted to go to the 5:45 am class, which I have gone to, but really don't like the instructor nor do I like waking up early. I decided to try and go for a run. Last time I ran a few months ago I had to pace myself to run a mile and I felt like I was going to die. My first attempt running outside I ran 2.41 miles without stopping and I felt good. The next day I tried to run a little further. I ran 2.5 miles. After resting on Sunday I knew I could run even further. I ran 3.14 miles on Monday without stopping and today I wanted to push even further. I don't look at the time or my distance until I get home. I have learned a lot of it really is mental. I was surprised when I ran up the stairs and looked at my phone to see I had run 3.77 miles in 44 minutes. That's an average pace of 11.46 minute mile. I know that is not good to many, but that is awesome for me. In a week I went from 2.4 miles to 3.77. I just want to remember that I can do hard things!


No comments: